Tuesday, March 16, 2010

a big sigh of relief

last night at 6:45 I literally let out a sigh...no a big...no a HUGE sigh of relief. I made it through the week from hell....which it is appropriatly labled as on my calendar, it's also fondly known as mid terms week by those who are trying to mkae it through this ridiculous thing called college. I had four insanely detailed mid terms along with three papers all due the same week. Last night was my last mid term and I'm over joyed to say that there will not be another test until the second week from hell, finals week.

Along with tests and papers I had my first week of work. My schedule is 8-4 Friday through Monday. You party goers are probably sitting there with your mouths open trying to figure out why on earth a college student would voluntarily a. be up that early on the weekend. b. work the whole weekend. c. not seem upset about it. Let me explain. My job is working in a call center for a bank, yes it sucks waking up that early but on Saturday and Sunday I can wear jeans, there is about half the people in the center and the atmosphere is VERY laid back. It also works out with my school schedule.

I'm not a huge party goer anymore, I'm pretty sure my 90 year old self has come through in reference to that. So right now my schedule is fine, until Edward starts working again. When that happens I may end up changing my schedule so we actually see each other. :)

This week has been exhausting, I'm realizing I'm a real grown up now. I don't think I've been this early, this many days in a row since high school...and my body is feeling it. Last night I was asleep by 11 which is early for me and didn't wake up until about an hour ago. I don't even remember going to sleep. Hopefully it will get easier as my body gets used to being awake that early. I feel very accomplished when I'm up early, and I still have the afternoon when I get out of work do do things.

I love my job though, it's like a really fun version of office space without the annoying people, receptionist, or over all gloomy feeling...alright I guess it's nothing like it other than we each have a cubicle. I'll tell more about the job later. I'm going out to enjoy this BEAUTIFUL weather we have up here in New York. I think spring is FINALLY here. I am so excited.

peace&love


ps I wore flip flops the other day :)

No comments:

Post a Comment